Friday, September 19, 2008

Are You Better Off Now Than You Were in 2000?

I know the title of this post sounds like a cliche of past political campaigns, but once you read this I hope you will get my point. I have heard both of the current candidates mention the phrase during the current campaign. When Bill Clinton broke through after the first Bush administration put us into recession, the US really prospered. During the Clinton administration my income grew, as a percentage, in the triple digits and the inflation rate during the Clinton administration grew 22.02%. Since Bush and the Republicans have been in office my income has only increased 7.7% and the inflation rate was 25.12% over the same period. While the inflation rates are similar, my family has gone backward by 17.42%.

McCain is claiming to be different from the Bush administration and the Republicans, but how can he say that when he has sided with them for the past 26 years. I would like anyone that reads this Blog to do the math and see what how your situation was in the 90s and how it compares to this decade. Once you do the math then you can decide which candidate can lead us back to prosperity. I will give you a hint...OBAMA!

No comments: